Monday, August 18, 2014

Time Well Spent

I have an unlimited amount of learning from this program. I would like to share what I have been taught.

First:
Children live in the present and have a wide range of capacities and abilities that adapt to the culture and context of their daily lives and the circumstance under which they learn and grow makes a big difference.

Second:
Early experiences carry forward into adult life. Children’s daily experiences are vivid and deeply felt whether they have bad or mediocre experiences which possibly may not be harmful in the long run, but may lead to considerable unhappiness.

Third:
Children who have intimate relationships at home, whose physical and emotional needs are met and who have friendships with other children are primed to learn from the world around them. New experiences and challenges provide them with the learning they need for later competencies.

Fourth:
Children need regular opportunities for vigorous and sustained play such as rough-and-tumble activities, crawling through tubes, ball throwing, jumping over sticks or riding a tricycle are vigorous play.

Fifth:
Quality early childhood programs have common principles, approaches, and tools that guide practice and there is recognition that children’s earliest experiences matter deeply, laying the foundation for lifelong learning, behavior, and health.

Sixth:
Families and communities are viewed as partners who strengthen the program’s ability to meet the needs of young children. Respect for diversity, equity and inclusion are acknowledged as essential for optimal development.

Here are some of my long-term goals:

First:
My goal is to encourage and guide the physical, cognitive, language, emotional and social development of each child through imaginative play and creative learning.

Second:
My goal is to prepare our students for kindergarten while incorporating play and hands-on learning into the process.

Third:
My goal is to make sure that our children are receiving the best education to help them be whatever they are destine to become or do.

Fourth:
My goal is to make a differences in children and families lives.

My Farewell Message to My Instructor and Colleagues is from an Audio Podcast by Bishop T. D. Jakes- The Potter's House and The Greatness Zone (TGZ)- Introduction to The Greatness Zone
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-potters-touch/id538401206?mt=2
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-greatness-zone/id894216881?mt=2

Images that Reflect What My Experience and Learning in the Program Means to Me:









My Wordle that Illustrates My Experiences and Learning in the MS ECS Program:
http://www.wordle.net/delete?index=8050317&d=WFDE



My Favorite Quotes:

1. It takes a village to raise a child
    ~Unknown~

2. “Think before you speak. Read before you think.”
― Frances Ann Lebowitz, The Fran Lebowitz Reade

3. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
― Bil Keane

4. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
 -2 Timothy 1:7

5. The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
-Psalms 23:1

My Photo:

Contact:
You can contact me through my Gmail or Facebook:
Gmail Address: lmosby601@gmail.com
Facebook: LaCasa Mosby

6 comments:

  1. LaCasa,

    Congratulations! Your compassion and passion for serving children is deeply reflected through your enthusiasm for sharing. You have so graciously contributed to help everyone with your constructive comments and supportive advice, and I think this is what makes you a special educator. Thank you and best of luck! I am so excited that we are going to stay connected through the Facebook group. Our own CoP :)
    Reem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LaCasa,
    I really enjoyed reading your post! I can tell that you truly care about and are enthusiastic about this field. Thank you for sharing your information with us. I would like to thank you for all of your help and support throughout this program and I wish you the best in your future endeavors. We Did It!!!! Congrats!

    Ashley T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LaCasa,
    Thank you for sharing some of the most important lessons that you learned from this program. I think you had some great insights and I can tell that you were very dedicated to making this a valuable experience. You have some very important goals for yourself and I wish you luck in accomplishing them. I think we all share the sentiments that you outlined in your fourth goal in that each one of us participate in this program in the hopes of making a difference in the lives of children.
    Congrats!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have clearly learned a lot and set many goals for yourself. Because of the nature of many of your learnings and goals, I encourage you to check out Janet Lansbury's blog. She is a huge follower of Magda Gerber and many of her philosophies. The address is www.janetlansbury.com - I read it constantly! I wish you the best of luck as you continue on with your professional journey!

    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. LaCasa, it was such a pleasure to read your blog this week. The way you shared your learnings was really clear and succinct, and I was able to identify with all of them in one respect or another. Your goals for the future are also commendable—I am certain that you will make a difference in people’s lives. Thank you for sharing the beautiful images too. I wish you all the best as you go forward with your giving spirit and passion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LaCasa,

    I have enjoyed working with you in this course! I can tell that you are passionate about working with young children. I can also tell that you are a professional who will do the right thing when it comes down to taking care of young children and their families. I believe that you have a bright future ahead of you! Always aim high and you will never go wrong! Take care!

    Latasha

    ReplyDelete