Friday, June 27, 2014

Reflecting on Learning

I am excited that I have come this far with only eight weeks left before I will be graduating with my Masters. I am determined to stay focus with the Lord's help because I tend to get distracted, lazy, and procrastinate. In the future as an early childhood professional, my most passionate hope for the children and families with whom I work or will work is to apply what I have learned and put it into practice what I have been taught throughout this course of study to my personal and professional life. I am aware that all the books and resources in the world cannot teach me everything that I need to know about children and their families when working with them because some things will come from experiments, hands-on activities, observation/observing, persona dolls, personal stories, teachable moments, and etc.

To All My Colleagues:
First of all, I would like to say thank you all for being helpful and supportive of me throughout this program through your blogs and group discussions. Secondly, I am please to say that it was interesting and wonderful working with you all. Thirdly, I hope to see you all in our last course as we prepare to graduate together. Fourthly, I wish all of you the best in this educational and life journey! Lastly, but not least, I would like to thank Dr. Kien for all of her feedback on my papers which will help me in the future and for grading and responding to all of my questions in a timely manner. I enjoyed working with you as well.

PS: ALWAYS REMEMBER TO KEEP GOD FIRST IN EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO

3 comments:

  1. Hi LaCasa,
    With Christ in our vessels we are capable of overcoming all the obstacles that are before us. Indeed, it has been a wonderful pleasure working with you each week. Today, let me take time out to thank you for all the kind deeds that you have sown. I like your post very much and most of all your expectations/ hopes. All the best in your final course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LaCasa, the sincerity in your blog post comes through to anyone reading it. I admire your commitment to applying what you have learned in our course work. You are so right in that we learn the most from working directly with children and families. I wish you all the best in your dedicated work to create an anti-bias climate for young children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LaCasa,

    Thank you for being a great colleague! I am always surprised that I am able to build great relationships with colleagues online. I did not think it was possible at first, but I have realized that I do not have see someone in person in order to learn from them. I have learned so much from my colleagues and I always enjoy reading everyone's experiences and advice. Good luck on everything and continue to make a difference in young children lives.

    Latasha

    ReplyDelete