Friday, December 20, 2013

Professional Hopes and Goals

I hope that when I think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is that they reach for their dreams and know that whatever they want to accomplish in life is possible. I want them to feel loved and never experienced the pain of  rejection or exclusion, but the reality is that we do live in a world in which racism and other forms of bias continue to affect us.

A goal that I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is that professional knowledge and experience are important, but we must never forget how much we can learn from the families we work with.

I want to thank my colleagues for their personal beliefs, ideas, opinions, and stories that you all shared. I will take all of this new information and knowledge and use it for future purposes. I want to wish you all the best on your educational and personal journey in life.

1 comment:

  1. LaCasa,

    I love your goal. Sometimes, we as professionals overlook what families may have to offer because of our knowledge of the field. Families can bring new ideas and ways to better serve them and their children. Thanks for the well wishes. Good luck on all of your desires.

    Latasha

    ReplyDelete