Friday, July 5, 2013

Getting Ready-Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

Alternative Part 1:
I was unable to establish contact with the international early childhood professionals, so I chose the Alternative to Part 1.

First you must download iTunes Application to your computer or laptop, then proceed to these steps:

Steps to listening and subscribing to podcasts:
1. Type in www.worldforumfoundation.org in the web browser
2. In The Blue Search Box: Type in Podcasts
3. Click on World Forum Radio
4. Click on the Subscribe to World Forum Radio
5. After you click on it, it will send you to http://itunes.app.com/podcast/world-forum-radio/id332072980?mt=2
6. Click on the two World Forum Radio that you want and click on View In iTunes
7. A box that say External Protocol Request-Click on Launch Application
8. Listen to the two World Forum Radio that you choose to and then hit subscribe

OR
1. Type in www.worldforumfoundation.org/world-forum-radio/ in the web browser
2. Just scroll down and pick the two Episode that you want and click on to Listen to this episode

Part 2: Expanding Resources
I decided to study Harlem Children's Zone because when I clicked on most of the websites that was provided, it couldn't be found. I like the way this website was set up and I seen where you could sign up for their news letter versus the other sites that I looked at, they didn't have no where for you to sign up or subscribe.

4 comments:

  1. Dear LaCasa,
    I have not heard a response from the emails I sent out, so I just may have to do this alternative assignment as well. Thank you for outlining the steps, as I am sure I would have been confused. Did you already listen to the podcasts? What did you learn?
    Thanks for sharing!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also waiting on a response to my emails. I think I will have to do the alternative emails also. Thanks for posting the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you feel like you waited long enough to receive a reply or was it your choice to complete the alternate assignment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard back from one source so far, but am keeping my options open and glad you have posted the steps. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete